Saturday, 16 February 2013

Bouquet Boutique T-shirt Makeover

 
I am absolutely loving playing with the new Bouquet Boutique Dies that Tonic have recently brought out. It has been Mid term this last week and my little girl was home from school. I have also been choked with a code in the dose (cold in the nose) and so haven't felt like doing very much, but I have had a little play with the new Dies. My little girl helped me choose some scraps of thin cotton fabric to decorate her top with...see how dull it looked before !
The Dies I used for this project were the Cornflower and Anenome Dies. First I ironed some double sided fusible webbing onto the scraps of fabric and then cut them out using the dies. With the help of my little friend we arranged them onto the t-shirt and then removed the backing paper and ironed them on to the top.
I then sewed around each flower and leaf with three strands of embroidery floss (because I enjoy giving myself work to do - actually it was quite therapeutic  )
To finish off I added buttons to the centre of the flowers.
Much better!
You could use this idea to jazz up any plain new top, or give new life to an old one. These dies are such fun, I have quite  a few projects lined up for them!


6 comments:

  1. Wow that looks amazing. I think I will have to have a go at this and perhaps mt grand daughter will help.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We'd love to see if you do. Post it on our Facebook page :-)

      Delete
    2. Oh wow stunning, brilliant way to use up scraps of fabric

      Hugs
      Alison xx

      Delete