Tuesday, 23 June 2015

Double Pop Up Birthday Card - Edna

Hi and welcome to the blog today.
I thought I would make a card showing Friday's diagram in operation.
I've made this wee birthday card for my darling grand daughter who will be one on Sunday.
I can't believe how fast the time has flown by.
She is a very special little lady with a smile that just melts my heart. :)

I've used card stock for the card with a deep purple as my mats and layers.



The toppers are from LOTV, the sentiment is computer generated and the numeral is from the Tonic advent squeeze box.
The punched edge is Tonic's Victorian border.
Rectangular layers are also Tonic dies and I've used one of the tails from the bow sets for my sentiment banner. 




I've still to add a few decorative drops to the inside but they will have to wait until tomorrow. :)
The name is die cut from a very old Sizzix Sizzlet alphabet - Curly Girly from the days when an alphabet cost £80! How times have changed!

The pics below show the lines scored and folded and hopefully will better explain the diagram from Friday.




The insert was kept at 11.5" wide and I attached it to the main card base at 5/8" in from each side. Make sure to line up the centre lines and it should open and close with no bother. 
When you are gluing it (my pic is prior to gluing in case you think my measurements are well out!) just glue the edges and along the top and bottom make sure to leave the centre part free as this needs to move and bend. But you will know that already. :) 


Thank you for joining me today.
Have a great afternoon!


4 comments:

  1. Beautiful card, thanks for the explanation, can't wait to play.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the double pop up - missed so much, have been in hospital 11 days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lesley. I hope you are feeling much better and on the road to recovery. x Edna

      Delete