Friday, 24 March 2017

Edna Taylor - Lyon MDF unit and Graphic 45


Good morning and welcome to the blog today.

You may remember the fabulous MDF storage units that Tonic Studios produced a while back. Well I had one I wanted to decorate and of course I hunted out suitable G45 papers to do it.

I've used papers from the Couture and Artisan collections and added embellishments I found in the Works - lovely swirls that just needed painting, I didn't want anything too fussy. 


I've used the matching die set from Tonic for the drawer fronts and the little pull handles that also came out at the same time as the units. 
I first of all glued the unit together and then I painted the whole unit and drawers inside and out with Tonic's Black acrylic paint.
I sealed and covered the grey board sections, adhered them to the constructed unit and when all the glue was dried I finished it off with a coat of PVA matt adhesive throughout. 



The units do take a bit of time to complete but a lot of it is literally waiting for paint to dry. 😃

I lined the drawers to match the decorative paper on the back of the unit.




Side and back of unit


I made a gift tag to match.


I loved putting this unit together. It makes a nice change from card making plus I get to use my all time favourite papers. 

Thank you for calling in today.

Have a good one! 



1 comment: