Wednesday, 5 April 2017

Nicky Gilburt - Belle Boutique - Tres belle!!!


Gorgeous new stamps, inks and Glitter Markers from Tonic Studios this week - what a launch it has been, joining Hochanda and getting all this loveliness out there in the space of a couple of days!


Today's share is a trio of the cards I've designed with all of these features, the main one being the beautiful Belle Boutique stamps, three gorgeous characters and a charming couple, these stamps are large and can be central features on any card. With the Tim Holtz stamping platform now available to guarantee perfect inkings every time, and a depth of colour you can only get with the accuracy of a system like this, it has been easy to make these samples!


This first card, I used the Metro Grey Nuvo Hybrid Ink, thinking it might soften the lines on the dress, over harsh black. I found some pewter grey cardstock to make my accent colour for the card base frame and the sentiment, and it brings, I hope, a modern touch to a traditional image. 
Of course I had a fairytale princess in mind, from a certain film that's just come out at the cinema, and I used the Glitter Marker (Golden Ochre) and a waterbrush to define the contours of her dress. I loved scribbling onto my glass mat and then picking up the glitter colour for my stamped image, I did this on all of my cards for this launch.

These colours are amazing - they cover every possibility!


Hard to decide which colour I liked the best, possibly this Imperial Blue?

It complements the Craft Perfect Imperial Blue High Gloss Card perfectly - of course it would! It's Tonic!

I also used Acorn Brown Nuvo ink to stamp my lady first, and stamped again on white cardstock in Empire Blue, to get more colour into the dress. Again, Tonic nail the colour co-ordination! 

Perhaps my favourite colour, by a whisker, is this one though:
Against Craft Perfect Rose Platinum High Gloss card, and stamped again in brown, the Crushed Papaya colour in her dress (and also water brushed onto the background) is just so different.


To achieve a bit of a pinky tone on her skin where needed, I just used a Soft Rose Aqua Flow pen very lightly. 

Pretty princesses and luscious ladies, I'll save a couple of cards for tomorrow, unless you've seen them on Hochanda already? 

Thanks for reading, and I hope, if you get these stamps or indeed any of the amazing products that have been launched this weekend, that you have as much fun playing with them as I did! Check out all the new releases over on Tonic Studios website and don't forget to seeHochanda for all the show times too!

Happy Crafting and Stamping!
Nicky x

1 comment: