Tuesday, 16 May 2017

The Music of Love... - Lou Sims

It's another new challenge over on the "Win & Tonic" blog and this months prize is the fabulous Essential Lace Dies. There are 4 different themes to choose from and you can do all of them on your project or alternatively, just one. I've gone for three out of the four ...

Colour - neutrals ie creams, taupes etc
Product - any Nuvo product  
Theme - open theme so any occasion


I previously made a card using the guitar and music notes (see HERE) and knew I wanted to use the same items again for this months challenge card. Here's what I came up with ...




I began by creating my background using one of the strip dies to make a panel and I have softly coloured it with Nuvo aquaflow (soft pink) and brush script pens (   ). Next came layering all the different die cut and stamped elements.




I stamped the delicate detail stamps with    aquaflow pen and whilst wet, added some clear embossing powder. These were then watercoloured (again with the aquaflows) and cut out. I have gone for a soft neutral colour palate. Before placing them, I used the music score die cut as my placement point and began adding the flowers. 




The guitar was then added and as a finishing point, some extra vine leaves added. The leaves are a great way of hiding 3D foam pads and also any gaps. I have also used the same aquaflow pens to colour tint the guitar and make it merge with the foliage.




The sentiments are from the Whimiscal stamp sets, stamped with    aquaflow pen finished with some Nuvo drops. I do love this layout (even if I say so myself) and already have another colour way on the go as well as making a male themed card (minus the flowers) ... so watch this space ...



Monday and the weather is suitably naff but I have high hopes that it will brighten up which makes the week appear to go so much quicker.



Have a great day and don't forget to pop over to the "Win & Tonic" blog to check out the other fabulous projects,



Lou
x x x

No comments:

Post a Comment