Wednesday, 12 July 2017

Edna taylor - Cathedral Box


Good morning and welcome to the blog today.

I have another version of this beautiful box shape to share today this time it's a shorty. 

I can't begin to explain how versatile this die set can be so if you get a chance to catch the programmes with Paula on Hochanda you will have a better idea of the variations that are possible.




I've just used the main die and some decorative papers for this wee box. No complicated die cutting or construction needed.
I measured 3 1/2" from the top of the arch (excluding the flaps) cut off that main piece.
I then removed 1 1/2" from the bottom section keeping the closing flaps etc.
Using red liner tape I joined the two pieces together again matching up the score lines etc.
I added the decoration cutting the papers to the desired length and embellished the box with lace and pearl trim and some mulberry flowers from my stash.
The little banner is from the cupcake treat box die set. 
The finished box is 3 3/4" (9.5cm) tall 


The decorative papers are from Anna Marie Designs - Blissful Teal. 

Thank you for joining me today. 

No comments:

Post a Comment